One of Europe’s largest telecoms providers, needed to optimise their operations, deliver immediate cost savings of €20m, and establish a process for ongoing cost reduction.
With an operating budget of over €200m, the client was looking to make a saving of 10%, immediately, and then put in place a process to deliver additional savings annually. The client was looking for an expert partner to deliver the savings quickly, as well put in the mechanism to continue delivering savings into the future. The requirement was for the identification of operational cost savings, and commitment to achieving the outcome, including programme of cost savings; from analysis and identification, to delivery, and then operationalisation of the process.
Following a detailed discovery phase, the solution was to deliver the following:
- A commercial model based on achieving the required outcome of €20m savings, with shared reward and risk, including a fee structure based on the cost savings actually delivered.
- Establish a small dynamic expert team to see the process through and maintain focus on delivery of the cost savings.
- Establish a clear path to evaluating, selecting and then delivering the savings.
- Build a process that could support the delivery of cost savings in future years.
- Work as an extension of internal teams to deliver critical tasks.