Our Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement relates to actions and activities during the financial year 1st January to 31st December 2022.
This statement sets out Smart/tasking’s commitment to preventing slavery and human trafficking within our business activities and the steps we have put in place with the aim of ensuring that there is no slavery or human trafficking in our business and/or supply chains. We all have a duty to be alert to risks, however small. Staff are expected to report their concerns and management to act upon them.
2. Organisational structure and supply chains
This statement covers the business activities of Smart/tasking who as a business focus upon organisational change and transformation within both the private & public sector. These services are delivered through a combination of in-house staff and external consultants / third party organisations, for which Smart/tasking serves as a prime contractor.
Smart/tasking’s services (listed above) are delivered in the United Kingdom and United States of America.
3. High Risk Activities
Smart/tasking does not participate in any activities that we would consider are high risk from modern slavery perspective, but to ensure the effective monitoring of future activity we operate a number of anti-slavery initiatives, which are as follows:
- Policies: Chief Operating Officer is responsible for creating and reviewing policies. The process by which policies are developed will take account of industry best practices to be adapted to meet the changing needs of Smart/tasking and the organisations we support/engage.
- Risk assessments: The board of directors are responsible for risk assessments in respect of human rights and modern slavery by a process of auditing Company processes, procedures and pay rates, on an annual basis.
- Due diligence: Management are responsible for due diligence in relation to known or suspected instances of modern slavery and human trafficking.
To ensure a good understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our business and supply chains, Smart/tasking requires all staff to undertake complete mandatory training upon induction with company and on an annual basis thereafter.
Smart/tasking is committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our business and/or supply chains. This Statement affirms its intention to act ethically in our business relationships.
The following policies set down our approach to the identification of modern slavery risks and steps to be taken to prevent slavery and human trafficking in our operations:
- Whistleblowing Policy – Smart/tasking encourages all its workers, customers and other business partners to report any concerns related to its direct activities or its supply chains.
- Employee Code of Conduct – The Code of Conduct sets down the actions and behaviour expected of employees when representing Smart/tasking.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Policy – Smart/tasking’s CSR policy summarises how we work responsibly with suppliers and local communities.
6. Due Diligence Processes for Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking
Smart/tasking undertakes due diligence when onboarding new suppliers, and regularly reviews its existing suppliers.
Our due diligence process includes building long-standing relationships with suppliers and making clear our expectations of business partners and where appropriate invoking sanctions against suppliers that fail to improve their performance in line with an action plan provided by us, including the termination of the business relationship.
7. Performance indicators
Smart/tasking uses a number of key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure how effective we are in ensuring slavery and human trafficking is not taking place in any part of our business or supply chains – where we require all relevant staff to completed training on modern slavery monitoring tools within our CRM and payroll systems.
This Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement will be regularly reviewed and updated as necessary. Our board of directors signed off this policy statement and are fully committed to its implementation.